31.1.07

Wanna Go Goji With Me?


I just found out by looking at this site: Goji Berries.us that the Goji Berry has the most antioxidants of anything you could eat.



Here's a chart comparing the different foods high in antioxidants:


These berries are directly imported from the original region where they've been grown for centuries, the Tibetan and Mongolian Himalayas. I didn't know that they shouldn't be touched by hand, you know that's how most berries are picked, but instead the people who harvest them shake them from the trees to avoid the hand-touch which makes the berry lose some of it's nutritious qualities (Ok, let's be honest, I didn't know anything about Goji Berries until I came across this site, much less how they should be harvested. But isn't it cool?)

As a person who struggles daily with the ineffectiveness of my immune system, (I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)this could be something really beneficial for me. It would be better than taking pills. God, I take a freakin' truckload of pills everyday just to be able to get through my day. I think I've said before on this blog that my friends consider me and tease me about being "herbal queen" just because I've been studying herbs and natural medicine for 10 years. I'd honestly rather keep myself healthy with natural herbs and supplements grown from the earth than take synthetically made medicines manufactured in a lab and which inevitably have side-effects that in some cases are worse than the illness you're taking them for. That's so frustrating. I'd rather work on being healthy than just wait for my body to get sick, y'know?

In case y'all didn't know it already, (you probably do but there's no harm in reminding and some people might not know what antioxidants are):antioxidants are natural compounds that help protect the body from harmful free radicals. Free radicals are atoms, or groups of atoms that can cause damage to cells, impairing the immune system and leading to infections and various degenerative diseases like heart disease and cancer. Antioxidants therefore play a beneficial role in the prevention of disease. Free radical damage is though by scientists to be the basis of the aging process as well.

text taken from Prescription for Natural Healing/ Phyllis A. Balch, James F. Balch, © 2000 by Phyllis A. Balch


I'm know I'm going to try these Goji Berries the juice and the dried kind just to have some variety and the dried kind will give me something healthy to snack on (I'm an incurable snacker) when I get that urge, especially at night.




LoudLaunch - Compensating bloggers for their unbiased opinions, reviews, and analysis. View the LoudLaunch campaign release this post was based on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online