7.12.06

Organic Baby

Because of my Celiac Disease, possible CFS, allergies and other health problems, I started eating organic about 8 years ago. I can't tell you the difference it's made in my overall health. I don't get sick as much and the food tastes better, believe it or not. Plus it's easier for me to find gluten-free things at a place that sells organic food than anywhere else. When I walk into an organic food store, I feel like I've just entered heaven. I can spend hours and hours just looking at all the different foods I've never seen before.

I've been thinking that someday I'd like to have a baby and if I did (assuming I was married first-let's not get the cart before the horse here), I'd want to go with all organic baby food, because I'd want my baby to be as healthy as possible. And if, by some unfortunate chance, I passed on some of my health problems to my child, I would be in a perfect position to give him or her the special foods he or she needed in order to remain healthy. I don't know about y'all, but I'm getting more and more away from traditional medicine and going with organic foods and supplements to keep myself healthy. I would most likely do the same for my baby. Who knows what long term benefits a lifetime of eating completely organic food might have? Less chance of cancers? Less chance of chronic illness like fibromyalgia or arthritis? And just overall less chance of getting the common childhood illnesses like ear infection, colds, flu and such? I fully believe that organic foods are so much better for the immune system than food that is genetically modified and processed-to-within-an-inch-of-it's-life.

Fortunately, in this time of internet we can order things online and have them delivered right to our door (I'm still overly amazed by this. What can I say? I'm easily tickled-pink.). We can have a company like this

deliver certified organic baby food to our door. I can imagine what a relief that would be, especially if I had two or more children. You know when you take kids to the grocery store, sometimes, it can be a challenge to say the very least. I don't have kids, but most of my friends do and I've spent plenty of time in the grocery store with them (I'm the "auntie" so I get to take their kids when my friends need some alone time or have to work. I don't mind it, really. I love kids even when they're being little devils.)Anyway, that would be so cool to me. I've seen some of my friends who go all-organic with their babies have to make their babies' food from scratch. See, I couldn't do that. I'd be on the phone/net, "I'd like to order....and when can that be delivered? And can I set this up every week/month?"

You mommies who come and gander at my blog, check out this site. You might like it and find it useful in your life. You know, I think being a mom is the hardest job in the world. Mommies deserve every convenience they can get.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online