5.12.06

\m/ \m/~~I'm A Rockstar, Baby!



This is Pete The Pirate (who, by the way, is definitely not wearing ballerina tights. so he says). He's the Director of Coding Stuff at PayPerPost.

Here's what Pete's Pals say about him:
We quite fancy this British rogue. The only guy we know who can do an 'American' accent while downing pints of lager. We fear he misses his homeland, and is often seen wandering the streets, weeping. I think he just wants bangers and mash, though.


He's this month's featured face/employee of PayPerPost's new web reality show, RockStartup. The website says that you and I will get to watch these guys go through the process of building up PayPerPost. The good, the bad and the ugly. (Isn't that a Clint Eastwood movie title?) Or maybe the sort-of-good-day-since-I've-had-enough-caffeine, the I'm-having-a-bad-day-don't-even-touch-me, and the I-haven't-slept-at-all-and haven't-brushed-my-teeth days. Whatever it is, they say we will get it all. Reality shows make me, for one, feel better about myself because I realize I'm not the only nutbar in the universe (It feels that way sometimes.).

This is the PayPerPost "confessional" video (I didn't know I was qualified to hear confessions, but what ever flips your skirt up.):



There are already the first two episodes up on the website RockStartup with a third one on the way. I don't know, I've never seen a reality show on the internet before. I have to admit (begrudgingly) that I do watch some reality shows. For me, they're kind of like binging on chocolate. I do it alone and don't tell anyone but my closest friends so we can have a good laugh because they've usually done the same thing.

They have an email sign-up on the website that will notify you when a new episode is put up, so that you won't have to keep checking back.

Honestly, I'm beginning to like PayPerPost, but I don't know so much about the whole "reality show" thing. It seems like the world is pretty much over-saturated with reality shows. But this one is on the web, so maybe it will be more interesting than the ones on tv. We'll see. I'll give it a shot. Besides, what else have I got to do? Other than pick my nose? I might as well do something constructive or at least semi-constructive.

Also, the busier I keep myself, the less empty I feel. Not feeling empty is a good thing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger madd said...

hey anias..glad to be back in the real world..if blogging can be concidered the real world..most days I do..finally out of the decorating mode ..was reading you recent posts to catch up and saw the one on getting paid to blog..always wondered about that one..you are the first one I have met you does it..from what you are sying it works..?? I was courious myself about it..what is the down side if any??

December 05, 2006 2:35 PM  
Blogger Anais Nin said...

Well, I just started, so I'm trying to figure it all out myself. I've done six posts for PayPerPost. My first one was rejected because the link was in the wrong place, but no biggie, I just did another one to take it's place. I learned that they like the links to be inside the text and not after it. Anyway, I've gotten 4 approved. This one is still pending since I just did it at like, 5am this morning.

I feel sort of like a sell-out for doing the pay-to-blog-thing. You know, I don't want my blog to be just a bunch of adverts. I've been working really hard to try and make them fit into my blog and to take the subject matter (whatever it may be) and apply it to my own life. I guess I think that way it doesn't seem so much like a commerical (I hate commercials.). What do you think? Do they annoy you?

Since I don't have any income whatsoever right now, this is a good thing for me because I'm going to be able to buy Christmas presents for my friends and family. I don't forsee making tons of money from it, though. Mainly just running around money, which is good because I hate having to ask my dad for money. It makes me feel like I'm 10 years old asking for my dollar-a-week allowance. I feel bad enough being 36 and living with Dad, but to have to constantly ask him for money really gets at me.

I've made about 30 bucks so far doing the PayPerPost thing (It still has to be transferred to my PayPal account, though, so I don't actually have the money in my bank account.). I don't know if you consider that "working" or not. :D But, to me, 30 bucks is better than nothing at all.

December 05, 2006 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online