17.12.06

Dedicated To Nostalgia?

I'm so not good at sending Christmas cards. I love to buy them, because some of them are so funny and cute. I just never get around to sending them. I have piles and piles of them in a storage bin in the garage. I don't know if it's just that I'm lazy or if it's that I can't get into the Christmas "thing" because Christmas holds so many bad memories for me.

I have some friends, though, that will send out Christmas cards every year come what may. That's their thing and they get very upset when something gets in the way of their Christmas-card-sending. I've been trying to convince those die-hard snail-mail sending Christmas card friends that sometimes, in a pinch, they can send free Christmas cards by email. If If I were going to send out a bunch of Christmas cards, that's what I would do. It saves on trees getting cut down to make the paper for the cards and stamps and the money for postage. It also saves time, not that I'm that busy, but there have been times in my life when I have been really busy with work and when I'm in school, there's just no extra time to do anything-just schoolwork.

The link I put above goes to the blog for Egreetings.com, where people like us can get free ecards to send to our friends.

These are some of the cards on the Top 10 List:





I love A Christmas Story. It's one of the few Christmas traditions I have. I fall apart laughing every time I watch it even though I've seen it umpteen times. It's my favorite Christmas movie.



This one is a parody of the movie Snakes On A Plane and is called Snakes On A Sleigh. I've never seen that movie, but I've seen some parodies of it and most of them are just hysterically funny.

There is a link to a card about farting Reindeer that made me laugh out loud. That one has to be my favorite, but then I always laugh at the gross stuff. Just click on the link and you'll see what I mean.

We also can sign up for a trial membership to try out these eCards and the services of Egreetings. According to the blog, you can schedule cards to be sent way ahead of time so that they will arrive just on the day you want. If we like the services of Egreetings, a yearly subscription is $13.99. Pretty cheap if, like some of my friends, you send out a truckload of Christmas cards every year.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger EuroYank - Virginia Hoge said...

Great Blog, even though I must be heavily medicated (alcohol) to really appreciate the humor, the sarcasm, the nostalgia, the colors, and did I forget anything?

December 18, 2006 12:44 AM  
Blogger Anais Nin said...

Ummm... Thanks. I think. Not really sure how to take that. If you really liked it, then thanks. If you were being sarcastic, I guess that's ok too. I'm not assuming anything because it's hard to tell sometimes what people really mean when you can't see them face-to-face.

December 18, 2006 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diane makes hand made cards, so she mails them out on all occasions.

Hope you have a great week. I caught up and read all your other posts from the week.

December 18, 2006 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online