1.12.06

Does This Lock Make Me Look Fat?


This is a fingerprint door-locker.

The website says that it will eliminate the problem of lost keys and such. I think that's great, but I'm still sort of wary about technology like this. It seems a bit like Big Brother to me.

I like my keys. I like the sound of them. I like carrying them. I don't know why exactly, but I just know that carrying my keys gives me a sense of security. I freak out when I can't find them. I was actually talking to my dad about this very thing the other night. If I go into my purse, when I'm out somewhere, to look for my keys and I can't find them right then, everything has to stop until I do find them. Also, if I look through my purse several times and still can't find them, I panic. I actually have a panic attack. I know it sounds silly, but that's me. I'm weird like that. I have faced down men who have beaten their wives/girlfriends so badly that they need hospitalization, but I freak out when I can't find my keys.

I guess having a door lock that recognizes you by your individual fingerprint and unlocks the door in that way would be pretty cool. It would, for instance, make my having panic attacks over lost keys pretty much nil. I'm still unsure about it, though. I feel kind of like a person who first sees their reflection in water and throws stones at it because she's afraid.

Would y'all get something like that for your house? Cool? Yes. Kinda freaky? Yes. (It would be fun, though, to play a little joke on my friends if they didn't know I had a fingerprint door lock. I could bring them over and start to freak out like I can't find my keys. Ooo that's mean, isn't it? I don't know if I could really do that to my friends, but it would be funny to watch someone else do it. Yes. I have just a touch of morbid humor. Y'all should know that by now.)

On the one hand, I love technology. It has afforded me so many things, but on the other hand and like I said before, it scares me. I think it can go too far and be used to single out certain groups of people Big-Brother-style. I kind of like anonymity sometimes. Not so that I can do something illegal, but just because it feels good sometimes to know that you can let go and really be yourself.

I feel like I'm treading the paranoia waters here, so I'll stop before y'all really think I'm some sort of freaky conspiracist-theory person.

Here's a link to their website that will take you directly to the page with the fingerprint-lock on it: biometric door lock Seriously, tell me what you guys think about this. I don't want to be the only one who's paranoid.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online