31.10.06

Evidently, I Belong On The Short Bus.

I submitted my blog for review at IT2M. They say in their blog title that they're rude, but I didn't expect them to be that rude.

Here's my revew by "Sassy Sadie":

2. I Will Not Eat The Darkness

Whoa. What did I drink last night? Am I still hung over? What time is it? Pass the bong, please. I just have to point out right here and now that this line at the bottom of the blog made me spit coffee out of my nose. And for that, fingers

(here I got an icon they call "the golden finger", which they say is "self-explanatory". Doesn't everyone who puts original stuff on the internet for all to veiw not want their stuff to be used without their permission? Maybe it's just me. I don't know.)

"The artwork in the header, footer and background of this page is original and done by myself. It is copyrighted and may not be reproduced or used in any form or fashion without my express written permission."

Are you fucking serious? Do you think anyone would ever want to steal any of that “artwork?” Untrained monkeys can make better “artwork” than that. The header graphic has to be (and I am not joking here when I say it) the worst crap I have ever seen on the internet. I don’t think I could even try to make anything uglier. Holy shit. Did you close your eyes and make it? Apparently you’ve just “fixed” it recently? Yeah, well, you’d better stop fixing it because you’ve fixed it to death. Just. Stop.

I tried and I could not get into the content. There are a bunch of “participation” entries like Thursday Thirteen and Wordless Wednesdays and shit. Lotta, lotta posts about coffee and making coffee. Righty-o. The blog was all over the place even in the entries. I guess because I’m not “loca” (her word, not mine) that I just don’t get it. I don’t really care.

I give it a

(I got an icon that is basically the "short bus". You know the one that the developmentally disabled kids have to ride to school. Evidently, according to their key, it means that I'm a "fucking tard".)

based solely on that template and “artwork.”


I've met some people in my life who like to put others down to make themselves feel better. I've also met some people who just get off on getting offended. It's like they have all this anger and don't know where to direct it, so they just sling it around haphazardly.And then again, some people just like being rude, but you have to wonder where that comes from. Maybe I'm too analytical about people's personalities, but I think about stuff like that all the time.

I'm not making any judgements here because, obviously, I don't know any of the reviewers on that site personally. That's the vibe I got, though. I felt it was a bit harsh, but I did submit my blog willingly. It's not like anyone twisted my arm or anything and I was summarily warned beforehand.

I can admit that my header is not the best, but it's the first one I've ever done. As for the background and footer images, I rather like them. These fractals are the first thing I've ever done that I consider worthwhile (Also, I've been writing poetry since I was 14. I consider that a form of artwork and I'm rather protective and sensitive about that too. I'm only glad that "Sassy Sadie" didn't take a jab at the poetry I wrote concerning my brother David's death. Talk about my being sensitive about that considering he just died in July. Maybe I should develop a thicker skin in regards to that sort of thing.) and I guess I was a little taken aback by her opinion. Not everyone likes the same thing, so I should have been prepared for that I suppose. When you get down to "brass tacks", so to speak, this blog expresses my personality. The good parts, the bad parts and the boring parts. So, it's probably a good thing that "Sassy Sadie" and I don't know each other in real life because I don't think we'd understand each other very well.

So, anyway, the last time I checked, so far I've had 62 hits to my blog today (that may not seem like much to some, but it is to me) and it's only 10am, so to "Sassy Sadie": Thanks for sending readers my way.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do people like you submit your blog WITHOUT READING OTHER REVIEWS? Did you NOT read the TOS? Yeah they rip blogs apart that deserve it. But they aren't to blame, they've been doing it since this site got started. YOU are to blame if you didn't know what you were in for.

Your stupid defense proves how very stupid you are and a traffic whore to boot.

October 31, 2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger Anais Nin said...

I assume you're "Sassy Sadie"? What a nice comment you left.

If you had checked out your stats to see just who was reading your review site, you'd know that I have visited often recently. I have read other's reviews. Some of them are rude and others not-so-rude.

Also, kudos to you for not reading my entire post. If you had, you would have seen the part where I agree with you saying that I did submit my blog willingly and with prior knowledge of how it might go. I also said that not everyone likes the same thing and that I should have been prepared for that.

As for how "stupid" I am. I figure that is debateable. Understand that I, on the other hand, don't have a very high opinion of what I know about you, so far. I don't know how old you really are, but from the way you reacted to what you read of my post, it seems like you might be stuck in puberty. Don't be ashamed. Alot of people are like that, hence the popularity of reality tv shows and your thinking that being hateful to me says in some way that you're right and I'm wrong.

I am thinking that you would have called me "stupid" no matter what I wrote. So, in the end, it really doesn't matter what my so-called "stupid defense" is because your only intent was to try to make me feel that I am beneath you.

I guess you'll rip me a new one again on your website for expressing my opinion on my blog. I was going to email you, but I chose instead to keep my business to myself, which is what I wish that you had done. It's funny isn't it how you seem to think that your opinion is the only one worth having? Unfortunately for you, that is not the case.

In no way was I rude to you in my post. In no way was I condescending. I can't say that for this reply to your comment, however. I am being rude and I am being condescending because I'm angry with you for taking issue with me about what I post on my blog. It would be a different thing if I, like others, had gone off on you via email. No, you chose to come to my blog to leave me a little gem of a comment.

As for the "traffic whore" thing: I've been called a lot worse by a lot better people than you. If you're going to sling insults at someone, at least try to think of something original.

October 31, 2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Aside from the "ripped apart," Happy Halloween.

October 31, 2006 5:43 PM  
Blogger Anais Nin said...

Thanks. :D Nothing like a little petty drama to make a girl's day.

Please don't think I'm like this all the time. This is actually the first time I've ever been snarky and angry with someone who commented on my blog.

Thanks again. Happy Halloween to you as well. I hope you get lots and lots of candy. :-)

October 31, 2006 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me that wasn't Sadie. She's ballsy enough to leave her name and email.
However, if you have read previous reviews and the TOS that you said you agreed to than you would have known exactly how rude it is. The TOS alone are ruder than most posts. :)
But I can assure you that 90% of the hits that came by are just rubberneckers. Sudie, Holli and Lisa might feel sorry for you. )

October 31, 2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger Anais Nin said...

Well, I'm glad that wasn't Sadie. That makes me feel a bit better.
Still, I made a mistake and I learned my lesson. "You don't have to kick me twice" as my dad is fond of saying.
Thanks for coming by. I'm not looking for sympathy or to "get back" at y'all in any way. Like I said before, I submitted my blog willingly and with prior knowledge. As far as I'm concerned it's over and done with.
I do feel, though, that I have the right to post my opinion here on my blog just as freely as you all post your opinions on your blog.

November 01, 2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger Aeowolf said...

I subjected myself to IT2M awhile ago. They thought some of posts were passable, and they liked the pet wolf I have on the site. In fact, they thought that was the best bit. I managed one slap, so I think I came off quite well. Like you, I knew what I was in for, so the criticisms didn't really bother me. If their reviews weren't so acerbic then they wouldn't get the interest they do. The hangers-on do annoy me though. They aren't prepared to do the work doing actual reviews, just put the boot in and think they're soooo clever. Some also can't have much of a life as they seem to post more than the people running the site. Still, as you say, it's done and dusted, and we can move on, whereas others like your first poster remain trapped in their own little worlds.....

November 02, 2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger Anais Nin said...

I'm glad you got a good review from them. I should have never submitted mine to them. I just don't have a thick enough skin to brush off that kind of personal attack.

I won't make the same mistake again. You can bet on that.

November 03, 2006 7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog via it2m and I've got to tell you that I really like your header image of the cat...awesome.
Cheers,
Michelle

November 06, 2006 7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the people who "work", and I use that term loosely, at the It2m site are just beyond pathetic. They aren't worth bothering, why anyone reads that site is beyond me. I used to be friends with one of them in real life. But I told her to leave me alone for good after I saw how ugly and heartless she could be. I don't need friends like that. And the only reason they get pissed because anyone posts anonymously is because they want to be an asshole and call them names, too. The way I see it, if someone, or lots more than just one person, thinks you're being a horrible pile of shit, shouldn't you think about it? If they actually had the ability to think, that is.

February 01, 2007 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online