9.3.06

Don't mess with Mother Nature. She knows where you live.

I feel:: relieved
What song is on a loop in my head right now:: Buena Vista Social Club~Amor de Loca Juventude

These are pictures of a squall line that moved through the entire state of Arkansas this morning. I happened to catch part of it as it was passing over my house. It was moving at 55 mph with sustained straight line winds of 80-100 mph. Luckily, Alexander didn't get the brunt of it. There were no houses damaged and no injuries here, but Pulaski County (where Little Rock is and where I'm on the county line of) has been declared a federal disaster area. From the damage I heard reported on the news (I watched it all morning.), the worst damage is in Hot Springs so I imagine that county will be declared a disaster area as well along with Lonoke county (There were 12 houses either damaged or completely taken out there.)I know on Cantrell Road in Little Rock a bank and a gas station had their windows completely blown out. It was a crazy morning.

I had to take these pictures with my camera in my phone as the batteries in my digicam were dead and the storm was moving too fast for me to go digging for more. A couple of these I took from my front porch and some I took from my back porch. If you click on them, you can see them full size in the new gallery I made in my LJ Scrapbook. :)

3/9/06 Squall line 1
3/9/06 Squall line 1


3/9/06 Squall line 2
3/9/06 Squall line 2


3/9/06 Squall line 3
3/9/06 Squall line 3


3/9/06 Squall line 4
3/9/06 Squall line 4


3/9/06 Squall line 5
3/9/06 Squall line 5


3/9/06 Squall line 6
3/9/06 Squall line 6


3/9/06 Squall line 7
3/9/06 Squall line 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online