13.8.05

Un-Fucking-Believable

I feel:: aggravated

This is a comment I got on another blog I have regarding part of what I wrote in this entry:
I must confess, I had my eye on the steel guitar player. I usually don't like clean cut guys. There's just something about that whole preppy thing, but this guy... I don't know why I was so attracted to him. Maybe it's because he's a musician and I have a weakness for musicians. Or maybe it's because he just looked so yummy and sqeaky clean.

Here's the comment. She didn't even have the guts to leave her name. She posted it anonymously.
listen you.. the steel guitar player is mine, obviously he was with someone (in case you didn't notice, he was staring directly at me the whole time) and yes he is super sexy and he is great in bed. I know, I'm having sex with him regularly!!

And here's my reply:

Taarna said...
Good for you. I never had any serious intentions for him anyway. If you noticed, the majority of this story was not dedicated to him in particular, but to the night in general. I can't help it if I notice a man who is attractive. Like I would really go home with a guy from a bar anyway. If you are the girl I'm thinking of, you sat with me and my friend Tanya at our table. I thought you were really nice, so did Tanya. I knew that he was with you. I saw him smiling at you all night. He was obviously with you after the show was over, so I don't know why you are so upset. I'm not going to justify myself to you. This is my blog and I can choose to write about whatever I want. Your man is in a band and he happens to be attractive. Having other girls look at him is something that I thought you would have expected. Anyway, I'm glad to have met you.

Why she would be so upset about my writing 5 sentences about someone she is seeing is beyond me. I don't even know that guy's name. Until I read her comment today, I had completely forgotten about him. I've heard that jealousy is nothing but insecurity. If that is true, then I feel really sorry for that girl, because she doesn't have a clue where she stands with that guy.

In other news, Ryk called me yesterday while I was training at work. I didn't answer because, well, I was working, but I called him back later. He said he wanted to talk. I was all,"What do you want to talk about?" He said there were some things that were still unresolved and that he was having trouble with and that he wanted to talk to me about it and also he said he was concerned about some things he had heard. I said,"What have you heard?" He said,"Well, for one, I heard that you thought I cheated on you. I immediately thought,"You idiot, you didn't hear that. I wrote that in my live journal and you sneaked on to read it after I had deleted you from my friends list." Instead of saying that, I said,"I really don't think there is anything to talk about. As far as I'm concerned, it's over and done with." He persisted in telling me that we really needed to talk. He's just rehashing everything that went on right after I broke up with him. I told him two or three more times that we didn't have anything to talk about. He finally desisted and we ended the conversation. I thought that would be the end of it, but later when I got home, my phone rang. I looked at the caller id and it was Ryk again. I didn't answer it. He left a voicemail telling me how sorry he was and that he really wanted to tell me that to my face. You know, I just don't give two shits anymore about what he feels or what he wants. As a matter of fact, I try my best not to think about him at all.

Do older people get more childish as they get older? Last night, at about 12 midnight, my dad got up (Remember he drinks half a pint of Jack Daniels every night? He also had been out earlier so who knows how much beer he had consumed.) and started rummaging through the hall closet, which is right between our two bedrooms, looking for a light bulb. Mind you, not just any old light bulb, but a teensy weensy one that he uses for his night light in his bedroom. I saw the hall light on underneath my bedroom door and grumbled sleepily,"What are you doing?" He opened my bedroom door and I saw his hand suspended there holding the teeny burnt out light bulb. He said,"I'm looking for this. Do you remember seeing any around the house?" Annoyed, I said,"Well, dad that's where we keep the light bulbs. If they're not there then we probably don't have any." He clicked the hall light off and I heard him go into his room and start moving things around in there, presumably still looking for the elusive light bulb. A few minutes later, the hall light came on and he was looking for the light bulb again in the hall closet. He repeated this about three more times. He asked me at one point if I would look for it with him. By then it was about 1am. I was sleepy and said, irritated,"Now?" He said,"Well, I need it now and I'm fixin' to go to bed." Sigh. I did not look for the light bulb. I lay there in my bed thinking,"You can walk all the way from your room to the kitchen in complete darkness to finish off your whiskey, but you can't walk from your bed to your bathroom?" (His bathroom is connected to his bedroom.)When I got up this morning, I figured I would be given the silent treatment for not magically procuring the non-existent light bulb out of thin air, but he just acted like nothing ever happened. I wonder if he even remembers it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online