21.6.04

Job, But Moreso, A Poem

I feel:: loved
What song is on a loop in my head right now:: a song by System of a Down

I start my job at Outback Steakhouse on Wednesday at 2:00. I feel sort of numb. Like I can't make myself feel anything. I can't say I'm ambivalent because that implies anger. I'm just...here.

~Stop-motion-memory~
I wrap myself around your presence and say your name over and over again
in my mind
in whispers echoing down the corridors of my heart.
I drink in the vision of you.
I have been in the desert too long.
I remember the scent of you;
it lingers on my clothing and my pillows.
It comforts me.
You make me feel beautiful and alive.
I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online