11.8.03

Hurt

I feel:: indescribable

Ok, a friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, just called me and told me that she is pregnant. Under any other circumstances, I would be overjoyed for her, but the reason she called me was not really to tell me that she was pregnant, but to ask me to take her to get an abortion. I don't know what to do about that. I want to support her because she is my friend, but I don't think that abortion is right. It makes me nauseous to even think about it. I mean, I know I'M not the one getting the abortion, but it still grieves me to think that she's going to terminate her pregnancy. There are so many people who can't have children that really want children. She says that she couldn't deal with the recrimination from her family. Evidently, her family thinks she's still a virgin. Well, I think her family are a bit naive if they think that. After all, once a woman is in her twenties, it's pretty much a given that she's not a virgin.

But back to the subject at hand, I would like some input on this from those of you who read my blog. I'm going to pray and fast about this for the next two days and I would appreciate some prayer from those of you who pray, if not, I would appreciate it if you would keep my friend and I in your thoughts. This may seem stupid to some, but I take the issue of abortion very seriously. It seems to me that if I take her, even though I would be showing my support, wouldn't I be in some way saying that I support her having an abortion? I don't know. I'm really confused right now. I just want to do what's right. I love her as a friend and I told her that I think she should keep her baby regardless of what her family says. She has made up her mind, though, and I told her that I'm not going to think differently of her for it.

I'm wondering in this case which would be the better way to show her that I love her? Taking her, or not taking her?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online