7.7.03

Cornerstone

I feel:: content

So, I'm back from Cornerstone. I drove straight through from Bushnell, Illinois home yesterday. It took me about 13 hours or so. It was so hard and I only had about 3 hours of sleep the night before.
Cornerstone was interesting. It was super hot the entire week. I remember a couple of days where the heat index got to 105 and 110. I'm not really a shorts person, but I was at Cornerstone, because jeans were just too much. I'm so appreciative of air conditioning right now.
I saw a bunch of bands. Here's a list of some of them:
GS Megaphone
Fruhstuck
Firefly
Mitch McVicor
JPUSA Worship band
Steve Taylor
Living Sacrifice
Squad Five O
Five Iron Frenzy
Over the Rhine
Ashley Cleveland
Miranda Stone
The Crossing
Madison Greene
Skillet
Sixpence None the Richer
Delirious?
Toby Mac
Blindside
Jade Trees Weeping
Seeds
Extol

There may have been others that I saw, but I can't remember them right now.
The best part for me of Cornerstone, however, was meeting Tiavi, the pastor of the First Church of the Living Dead. He was awesome. We talked for about 2 hours or so. He really encouraged me to let God heal my heart. I also made a new friend in Amy, who was one of the people camping with us. She's 17 and very awesome. We went to some seminars and shows together. She has so much potential. I just wish I could have been that clever and had my stuff together at 17, like she does.She wants to be a rock journalist and I'm sure that she will be. I also got to know Mary Byers on the way back from Cornerstone. She rode with me for several hours and we talked about everything. I discovered that we have a lot in common and we have sort of the same attitude about things. I was blessed at Cornerstone and I'm really thankful for it. It changed my life last time I went and it did this time as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online