22.5.03

Update On Black Cat

I feel:: hopeful
What song is on a loop in my head right now:: Blue October~James

I took Black Cat to the vet today and he has lost 4 lbs in the past three days. It's a good thing he was fat, or else he'd be dead now. The vet drew some blood and said that he was going to send it to the lab to be analyzed. He said that it looked really thick for cat's blood. He said that was probably because he is so dehydrated. The vet also said that he has some hard stools in his lower intestine that are causing him pain, so they gave him a stool softener. The vet said for me to force feed him water every 45 minutes and food every 2 hours. He said to go and get baby food to feed him and to use a syringe like you would to give medicine to a baby. So, I went to WalMart and got two different kinds of baby syringes, but they didn't have any baby food there, so I went to Harvest Foods and bought like 5 or 6 bottles of baby food. When I got home, I gave him 2Tbs of food and 2Tbs of water. He took it pretty well, he was irritated with me fooling with him and stuff, but he was purring at the end of it, so I don't think he's too upset with me. Looks like I'm going to be staying in this weekend taking care of him, because my dad can't do it. He doesn't have the patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online