12.5.03

Arrogant And Ignorant

I feel:: aggravated

So, I was posting on this message board called Sanctuary. It's a Christian site. I now realize more fully than ever why I don't have many Christian friends and why I don't go to church that much. I find most Christians to be sadly lacking in the intelligence category. Under the guise of "blind faith", they refuse to use the brain that God gave them. Instead, they hang on tightly to traditions made by flawed men and reject the Lord of Glory. Instead of loving their neighbor, as the scripture says to do, they point fingers and love to accuse others of heresy. They are like sharks who go into a feeding frenzy at the first scent of blood. I will not stand by idly while someone who has been a Christian less than a year and who is sitting under a teaching that is widely known by intelligent people as cultic, and let him tell me that the reason that I experienced the tragedy of my whole life being filled with sexual abuse is the result of the consequences of sin that I've sown. I will not sit idly by and let ignorant Christians tell me that because I have friends who aren't Christians that I am not living my life according to the standards of Christ. If I were to hang out only with people who were Christians, I would be missing out on knowing some very good people and I would not have learned any sort of compassion for others. Jesus told us to go out into the world to spread the gospel of His reconciling all people to God through Himself. He did not say to ram it down people's throats. He did not say to sit comfortably in our churches and let the world come to us. What He did say is that the greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all of your heart, soul, and mind; the second greatest commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself. What I see in the Body of Christ now is that this is not happening and I'm sick and disgusted with it, but I don't have the patience to keep explaining to closed minded, arrogant shitwits that they need to stop pointing fingers at me, accusing me of turning away from Christ, when they need to get right with God themselves. I realize that this is not the right attitude to take, but I am not perfect. I can be forgiven for my egregious errors,however, by Christ. God can love those type of people and I will leave them to Him, because I loathe them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online