31.3.03

Poetry

I feel:: calm
What song is on a loop in my head right now:: Tomatito's Flamenco Guitar

Gretel In Darkness

This is the world we wanted. All who would have seen us dead
Are dead. I hear the witch's cry
Break in the moonlight through a sheet of sugar: God rewards.
Her tongue shrivels into gas...
Now, far from woman's arms
And memory of women, in our father's hut
We sleep, are never hungry.
Why do I not forget?
My father bars the door, bars harm
From this house, and it is years.

No one remembers. Even you, my brother,
Summer afternoons you look at me as though you meant
To leave, as though it never happened. But I killed for you.
I see armed firs, the spires of that gleaming kiln come back, come back-

Nights I turn to you to hold me but you are not there.
Am I alone? Spies
Hiss in the stillness, Hansel we are there
Still, and it is real, real,
That black forest, and the fire in earnest.
-Louise Gluck
----------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a poem that my mother wrote for me for my Christmas present

Lagrimas Para Tu

May your music heal your wounded soul
Let the sweet pain of your tears wash away the scars of agony
Let your heart sing and pour out it's grief
May the balm of music call out to your heart.
With each touch of the strings,entwine your spirit with
the unbound joy which can only be known by those who
have suffered and fought with valor for their very existence.
I can hear your music lilting and plaintive.
It echos and spirals through the essence of my being
gathering tears to transform as stars, winding to heaven and
falling back to release the tears held in my heart for you.
-Anne King

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





Listed on BlogShares Personal Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory My BlogMad Ranking



Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe to
Posts [
Atom]





Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!


Creative Commons License

Powered by Blogger






My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

online